Any business that utilizes travelling employees as part of its revenue generation will already understand that expense management is something that’s incredibly important. But it can be confusing and difficult at times, which is why getting help from software programs is a good idea. Luckily, there are numerous options out there that can help you streamline the process and get better results from it.
But with so many different options, it can sometimes be tricky to figure out which expense management programs are the best ones for your company. One key thing that can help is to look at the various features offered by the program, and one of the absolute best program features to have is receipt imaging. If you’re not sure of what this is, or why it’s so important, there are a few things to take a closer look at.
• Receipt imaging works when you use expense management programs that have online access and allow for mobile use as well. It allows your employees to photograph receipts that they incur while on the road and digitally upload those receipt images to the system.
• This digital process makes it easy to eliminate paper receipts and even the paperwork associated with travel expenses since the entire process can be completed over a mobile device.
• The feature is important because it simplifies the process for your team, letting them spend less time managing their receipts and more time working on getting you the results you need from their business trip.
• Your at-home team that oversees expenses will be able to avoid large mountains of paperwork and filing when an employee returns home from a trip, too. This helps them focus more on their other tasks as well, simplifying everything.
• By eliminating paperwork and streamlining the process, you can also cut down on the frequency of errors and fraud. This improvement in accuracy to your reporting can help boost compliance and save your company money.
Simply put, any good expense management program will have several features that can help elevate the way that you handle travel expense claims for your team. But the best ones will have unique features such as receipt imaging that can help you get even more from the process. Be sure that you consider all the different options available, and that you find the right one for your business. Doing so can make a huge impact in your company.