When you manage or own a company with travelling employees, keeping track of their expenses becomes one of the most important things you’ll need to do. And while it’s fairly common sense to use software solutions to help with travel expense reports and their management, you might not realize that going mobile could be an even better choice.
Going mobile is more than possible thanks to today’s software solutions, and the best programs will sync up perfectly whether you access them through a smart phone, a laptop, or the desktop computer in your office. And since most employees in your company likely already have and use a mobile device like smart phones or tablets, there’s no need to invest in new hardware.
There are plenty of reasons to think about taking your travel expense reports to the mobile world, and looking at them can help highlight why that is.
- Thanks to mobile access, your employees can instantly access their expense forms and upload them as needed. That takes a lot of pressure off their shoulders and helps reduce errors at the same time.
- Most mobile apps will allow employees to photograph receipts and upload them to the system. This removes the need to keep track of paper receipts, which in turn reduces hassle and stress.
- Those two points alone mean that your team is able to focus more intently on making you money instead of wasting time handling all of the different expense report requirements. In other words, it will help boost productivity.
- With mobile apps, you will be able to monitor spending as it occurs. There’s no mound of paperwork waiting when an employee returns home, which takes a lot of work off your shoulders. It also allows you to approve or deny expenses, identify overspending, and much more.
- Mobile apps are generally full featured versions of the program, and you can usually handle any task related to travel expense reports through them. As a result, you don’t have to wait until you’re at a computer to start working on managing them.
Simply put, mobile apps that sync up with your expense report software offer a level of convenience and performance that simply can’t be matched. They allow you to give your team another way to manage their travel expense reports and help you oversee them as well. It’s an important part of managing expenses, and one that you shouldn’t overlook.