If you’re managing a company that relies heavily on employees who travel – whether it’s for sales, seminars, or something else entirely – you’ll need to manage their expenses. It’s not fair for employees to foot their own bills, and expense reports are par for the course when it comes to doing business in most cases. Today, most companies utilise software programs that offer them an easier way to manage those expenses. However, you should look beyond a basic software program and take a look at what a mobile expense report app may do for you as well.
A good mobile expense report app will sync up with your software and offer another way for you or your employees to access the system and manage their information. This means several things for you and for them, and offers multiple benefits including:
- Easier Management Of Receipts – Managing receipts is one of the biggest hassles for employees who are on the go. They have to keep track of all of the receipts in order to turn them in when they return to the office. But with a mobile app, they can actually scan the receipt and upload it remotely. This allows them to avoid the need to keep track of huge piles of receipts while on the go.
- Access Anywhere – Instead of having to wait to access an office computer, set up their laptop, or find a Wi-Fi access point, employees can log into the system from anywhere and manage their expenses. You can do the same, which makes it easy to get work done no matter where you are.
- Remote Approval – You no longer have to be in the office to approve expenses, and you don’t have to wait until an employee returns home to start working on the expense reports. You can monitor them while they’re on the go and get a head start. This means you don’t get overwhelmed when employees return from a company trip.
- Fewer Errors – By simplifying the entire process of expense management, an expense report app can reduce clerical errors, improve compliance, and eliminate fraud.
- Better Productivity – It also makes it much easier for you and your team to focus on boosting your bottom line when you don’t have to worry about keeping track of huge amounts of information and paperwork.
Simply put, investing in a good expense report app is something that’s well worth doing, and could help you in ways you might not have anticipated.