Today’s businesses rely on technology more and more, and with good reason. The right technologies can help reduce workload, improve accuracy, and help improve your bottom line. In short, ignoring technology means letting other companies move ahead of you. One area that you need to consider is that of managing employee expenses. And for most, using web based expense reporting is the only way to go.
Web based expense reporting is just what it sounds like. Instead of using a software program that is stored on your company’s office computers, the software is housed online in the cloud. Your team can access the system from any computer with an internet connection, logging in no matter where they are or what time it is. This offers numerous benefits, including:
- No need to be at the office in order to access the system means that employees can get a head start, avoiding that huge workload when they arrive back home.
- You can monitor an employee’s expenses in real time before they ever return to the office, simplifying your efforts considerably.
- It reduces all of the costs associated with expense report software. There is no major upfront purchase, no need to buy new hardware, and no need to pay your IT professionals to manage and maintain the system. Just a small monthly fee is all you’ll pay for complete access.
- Web based expense reporting also means access to more features. Things like receipt imaging, mobile access, automatic currency conversion, and credit card account linking are all only possible with an online program, and each of them offer a wide range of benefits that are too impressive to ignore.
- The programs also house your past expense claims and uploaded receipts safely. Instead of having to manually keep up with them, you will be able to easily find them if needed and rest easy knowing that they’re in good hands.
- Compliance is also improved. Since the systems are housed online, they’ll be updated regularly. This ensures that if compliance regulations change, the system’s parameters will change with it. Staying legal and compliant is important for any business, and a web based program will ensure that you do just that.
Simply put, if you’re looking for an expense management program you can’t afford not to go with a web based expense reporting program. It offers a tremendous amount of benefits for a low cost, and is an investment that you’ll be glad you made.