Managing expenses is a must for any company with travelling employees – failing to do so effectively can lead to fraud, errors, noncompliance, and a significant amount of lost profits. Using software to help with expense tracking is the key to effectively managing your expenses, and it’s important to find the absolute best program for it. The right features help elevate your program above others, and mobile access is one feature that can’t be ignored.
Mobile access is only available through online expense tracking programs, and it’s just what it sounds like – it allows your team to access the expense system by using their mobile devices. This provides a wide range of benefits including:
- Easier Access – It’s not uncommon for many travelling professionals to forgo a laptop entirely these days, working instead from their tablet or smart phone. Mobile access lets them continue to do so and allows for access to the system from anywhere with a Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G connection.
- Better Features – With mobile access, additional expense tracking features are readily available to your team. This includes things like receipt imaging, which eliminates the need to keep track of paper receipts while on the road by letting your employees photograph and upload their receipts instead.
- Better Productivity – Since you’re letting your employees keep track of their expenses quickly and easily, they’re able to focus on the other parts of their job and get you the results you deserve.
- Fewer Errors – When you allow your team to upload their info instantly you reduce errors. The entire system is automated to ensure that few mistakes happen, and the elimination of paperwork and paper receipts helps make things much easier for everyone involved in the process.
- Enhanced Oversight – While your team is on the road, you can remain in the office and monitor their expenses as they work. You’ll be able to log in and review their spending on a daily basis instead of waiting on them to return home. This reduces fraud and increases your management of their expenses.
Expense tracking can be a tricky, difficult task for many companies. But it doesn’t have to be, and with good software on your side you’ll be able to get the best results possible. Finding a system that allows for online expense tracking and for mobile access is the key to making sure your company moves forwards smoothly and that your employees don’t have to struggle to keep up with their spending.