Everything you can do to simplify the operation of a business is likely more than welcome, so it makes sense that taking the time to look into simplifying expense reporting would eventually come up. Managing expenses is something that your sales reps and other employees will all have to handle, and something that you or your payroll department will need to oversee. There are plenty of different things you can do to make expense reporting easier, but a few things stand out.
• Go Online – Online expense report software allows you and your employees to access expense reports, upload receipts, approve or deny requests, and more all through the net. Instead of being tied to one single computer in your office, any computer can access the system. It’s a big improvement that’s well worth considering.
• Go Mobile – Apps take it a step further. The best expense reporting software like ExpensePoint will actually offer mobile apps for smart phones or tablet devices that simplify the entire process. Your employees can even snap photos of receipts and tie them to a report instead of having to try to manage multiple receipts throughout their trip.
• Go Paperless – Similarly, great programs actually let you go entirely paperless. Not only can receipts be scanned or photographed and managed online, but every aspect of your expense reporting can be managed on the net for easier management and better overall productivity.
• Go Versatile – Instead of having to struggle to manage different types of payments or overall accounts, trusting a system that facilitates credit cards, cash, and even foreign currency exchange rates means that your overall expense reporting is much easier. The more versatile a system, the better, and it’s a must that you take the time to set up a system that offers you and your employees the highest number of options.
• Go In Depth – Finally, don’t overlook the power of detailed analysis reports. Programs like ExpensePoint actually offer multiple bits of data in easy to read charts and graphs. Just being able to filter based on department, employee, and more can help you see where your money is going, what kind of ROI is in place, and much more.
Getting the most from your business matters, and there’s no doubt that your employees will often need expense accounts in order to get the best results for you. Be sure you take the time to look at your options for simplifying expense reporting if you’re serious about your company’s future.