Managing employee expense reports is something that any company with travelling employees will have to do at some point. To help with this, utilising good expense report software can help tremendously. It allows a number of key benefits, and by using it to streamline processes you’ll be able to help your entire team increase their productivity, reduce errors, and improve your bottom line in numerous ways.
However, thanks to increasing strides forwards in technology most companies have switched over to online expense report software. By taking your expense reporting onto the internet and into the cloud, you can take advantage of numerous benefits not offered by traditional software options. Here’s a look at some of the main benefits that help it stand out.
- Access Anywhere – This is hugely important. By letting you and your team use expense report software from anywhere, you can add a level of convenience that was missing before. Instead of having to be at the office to upload expenses, your team can do so while still on the road. This reduces hassles and mistakes greatly.
- Credit Card Account Integration – Syncing up your credit card accounts to the expense report program lets you manage both together. It simplifies approval, accounting, and much more and helps streamline yet another part of the process.
- Mobile Access – Mobile users can utilise their phones or tablets to access the system as well, giving them even more convenience and making it easier to upload reports instantly.
- Receipt Imaging – Since mobile devices can access the software, they can also use their smart phones to photograph and upload receipts. This in turn eliminates the need to keep up with huge amounts of paper receipts, further adding to the simplicity of the process.
- Better Monitoring – As employees upload their expenses you can track them in real time. This helps you keep your eyes on what they’re spending, how they’re spending, and whether or not adjustments in their spending need to take place. It can also reduce errors and fraud.
Simply put, there’s no reason to invest in anything other than online expense report software. It offers too many additional benefits to list, and is well worth it for your company.