For years now, companies with travelling employees have relied on software to help them manage employee expenses and expense reports. It makes sense – software can streamline a lot of the different tasks and simplify things tremendously. But today, online reporting software is a much better option and something everyone should think about when it comes to how they manage their company’s travel expenses.
Making the upgrade to online reporting software is well worth doing, for numerous reasons. If you’re not convinced, just take a look at some of the benefits online software solutions have over traditional offline programs.
- Cost – We’ll get this one out of the way first. Most people erroneously assume that the cost of online reporting software is higher. The reality is that in most cases you’ll actually pay little to nothing for the initial program, instead just paying a monthly fee that is lower than you might suspect. There’s also no need to invest in new hardware or to pay your IT team to regularly maintain the servers. In other words, you save big over time.
- Access – Being able to access the program from anywhere means a lot. Instead of having to wait until they arrive back at the home office, your team can upload their expense information from anywhere with an internet connection. That helps reduce hassle, cut down on errors, and actually improves productivity and efficiency in the process.
- Mobile Connectivity – By giving your team mobile connectivity, you can enhance their ability to manage their expenses even more. Things like receipt imaging help streamline things for everyone and make it even easier to keep track of your expenses.
- Account Synchronization – When your software is connected to the internet, it’s easy to link other accounts like your credit card accounts or your accounting software to it. This allows you to remove extra steps from the process of managing expenses, reducing errors and workloads in the process.
- Productivity – You’ll see productivity mentioned multiple times above, and with good reason. All of the different features and functionalities offered by your software program help your team manage expenses faster and easier, letting them get back to focusing on tasks that can help make your company money.
Simply put, online reporting software offers much more to your business than you might think. If you’re unsure of whether or not you need to go online with your expense management, the answer is most likely that you should.