Automation is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications with minimal or reduced human intervention.
The main advantages of automation are:
- Increased throughput or productivity.
- Improved quality or increased predictability of quality.
- Improved robustness (consistency), of processes or product.
- Increased consistency of output.
- Reduced direct human labor costs and expenses.
From having Gmail automatically sort your emails with labels, or having a program record what you do in Microsoft Office, automation can alleviate any task that you can think of that is repetitive and tedious. Let technology do things for you while you get on with the things that are important. Having all those small tasks automated will really affect the amount of free time you have. That’s time spent doing something you want to do.
For a company to succeed in today’s competitive market, it needs to be able to not only make money, but avoid spending unnecessary money. That can be quite a hard task to manage. While generating sales and developing solid marketing plans are crucial to a business, managing travel expenses are just as important. Good expense automation could eliminate the need to focus most of your attention on expense reports.
What is expense automation and how does it work? Expense report software allows business owners and employees to streamline and automate most of the expense report process. Here is what manual expense report documentation looks like:
- Employees incur expenses while on the road
- They must fill out paperwork and maintain receipt records of each expense
- Those expenses are entered into the management system by the employee
- Another employee then reviews each expenses and approves or denies it based on validity
- The employee is either compensated for their expenses or the expenses are approved and handled by the company credit account
A lot of issues can arise from doing the process mentioned above, such as the loss of important documents and receipts. With expense automation, all your lives will be much easier:
- An employee incurs an expense on the road
- They photograph the receipt with their mobile phone and upload it into the system along with a digital entry form
- The computer program automatically verifies the facts of the expense ticket
- Another employee then confirms the approval
With expense automation, expenses are automatically verified against your protocols. This results in greater accuracy, and the elimination of most types of fraud. That alone is a reason why you should look into automated expense report software if you’re a business-owner. Let a computer handle the tedious work, you should focus on more important matters.