Finding the right expense report program can be difficult. With so many different options available, selecting the one that works best for your business isn’t always easy. However, if you take a look at the features offered by a program it becomes much easier to choose the right one. With that in mind, here are the top 10 expense report software features a good program will have. If you find one that offers all of the following, you’ve found one worth considering for your business.
- Online Connectivity – The way of the future is online, and there’s little reason to choose a program that lacks online connectivity. This feature makes several of the other top 10 expense report software features possible, so be sure you choose an online program first and foremost.
- Mobile Access – Mobile access allows your team to connect to the system from their smart phones or tablet devices. That means that they have improved flexibility and that they can manage their expenses no matter where they are – without the need to find a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Receipt Imaging – This is feature that allows your team to photograph their receipts with their mobile device and upload them right to the system. It makes it easier to manage expenses on the go, and reduces a tremendous amount of hassles while also cutting down on the chance of errors.
- Credit Card Account Integration – Directly linking your credit accounts to the system means an additional level of convenience and automation. Don’t overlook this feature.
- Automatic Currency Conversion – If your team travels abroad, being able to instantly adjust and convert currencies and tax info is a must for a good program.
- Offline Capabilities – This feature lets your employee access and edit their expenses while in a dead zone, then upload the finished reports when they have access to the internet again.
- Full System Integration – The right programs will work seamlessly with your existing system, whether you use QuickBooks, Sage, Great Plains, or some other type of spreadsheet or accounting software.
- Multiple Access Levels – Being able to control what level of access each user has is important, so be sure to pay attention to how you can set access for your team.
- Data Report Generation – This is one of the most important of all the top 10 expense report software features. By letting you review the spending data of your employees, a good program will help you adjust policies and strategies significantly.
- Compatibility – Not only will any of the top 10 expense report software options work with any system you’re currently using, but they’ll also be fully compatible with any browser or computer. All you should have to do is log into the system and use it, not struggle to make sure it actually works with your browser or computer.
These are the top 10 expense report software features you should look for when finding your program. Keep them in mind, and you’ll be able to rest easy knowing you have the right system working for you.