Companies are like machines. Every part has to work properly in order to get maximum performance. That applies to your employees, but also to the technologies that you use to help your team move forward and accomplish their tasks. If your employees have to travel for business, tracking their expenses is a must. And using the right expense reports software is the key to doing so effectively and efficiently.
Not all expense reports software is created equally, however. It’s important to take the time to choose the right program for you and your company. Luckily, this often means nothing more than making sure you find a program that has all of the right features. Here’s a quick look at some of the top features worth finding in a software solution.
- Online Connectivity and Mobile Access – Simply put, if your expense program isn’t web-based, it’s not going to offer the same benefits as those that are. Improved performance, reduced costs, and more features are all present with online programs. And mobile access provides even more.
- Receipt Imaging – Receipt imaging allows users to photograph receipts and upload them into the system instead of carrying around dozens of paper receipts. It improves accuracy, simplifies the process, and reduces errors.
- Credit Card Integration – Companies that rely on credit card accounts for their employees’ travel expenses need to be able to quickly connect the two together. Credit card integration helps streamline the process even further and improve accuracy at the same time.
- Currency Conversion – Businesses that operate in different countries have more tasks associated with their expense programs. Things like exchange rates and sales tax in other countries have to be managed properly, and the best expense reports software can actually handle that for you.
- Data Reports – A program without data reports is a program you don’t need. Data reports provide a unique way for you to review information and improve your company with that info. It can be the key to better profits and a better company future.
All of these features should be present in a good expense reports software program to ensure that your business is getting the most from it. The features present in a program allows you to manage expenses, reduce the workload of your team, stay compliant, and improve productivity throughout your company. Look at each of the features above when choosing your program and you’ll know that you’ve found the right one.