Companies that rely on employees who travel have a few extra responsibilities compared to those whose employees stay in-office. The biggest one is simply the management of employee travel expenses. Your company likely has various policies and protocols in place that govern the way your team spends money on the road, but manually managing the information can be a huge hassle. Today, utilizing a good expense report software program is a much better idea.
However, there are numerous options out there to choose from. Spending the time to find a good expense report software program is important, and there are a few key features to look for that can help make it easier to know that you’ve found a good one.
With that in mind, here are some of the top features you should look for in a program:
• Online Functionality – Above anything else, you should find an expense report software program that works online. Online functionality provides a huge assortment of benefits that offline options just can’t hope to match.
• Mobile Connectivity – Along with online access, being able to let your employees access the program through their mobile devices can help add a tremendous amount of convenience to the process, and will help provide addition benefits as well.
• Credit Card Account Integration – Being able to link your credit card accounts to the system means that you’ll get greater levels of automation from the program and that you’ll improve the simplicity of the process. It’s a straightforward feature, but one that’s well worth having.
• Currency Conversion – If your team works and travels overseas or across national borders, you may encounter a need for dealing with foreign currencies and tax regulations. As a result, having a program that can automatically convert currencies is a good idea.
• Support – All the features in the world are no good if the system just doesn’t work when it’s supposed to. Being able to access and contact support when you need it is imperative, and something that’s very easy to do with the right program.
If your company relies on traveling employees, you already know just how difficult it can be to keep track of the various aspects of their expenses. Finding a good expense report software program can help a lot, and by remembering the points listed above you should be able to track down exactly the program that you and your company needs.