It’s not hard to realise that your company needs good expense reports software to help manage the numerous travel expenses your team will likely log over the course of the business year. The huge amount of receipts, forms, and documentation that you’ll end up receiving can be overwhelming, and the right software will help make it easier to manage.
However, not all expense reports software is created equally. If you’re looking for the absolute best options out there – and you should be – then you’ll want to keep a few things in mind. Remember the following features and you should be able to get the best one for your needs.
- Online Functionality – This is one of the biggest, most important features you’ll want to have. There are lots of reasons to choose a program with online functionality including anywhere-access, better storage, more accurate reporting, and more.
- Credit Card Integration – By finding an expense reports software solution that lets you import credit card data, you can make it easy on yourself to assign charges and review expenses.
- Mobile Integration – You also want to find a program that utilises mobile technology. This way, employees can actually use their mobile devices to track expenses, photograph receipts, and eliminate the huge amount of paperwork they bring back to the office at the end of a trip.
- Multiple Currency – If your team works outside of the country, having an expense reports software program that will actually handle the exchange rates for you will be indispensable. It can automatically convert foreign currency to your home currency to avoid numerous hassles and inaccuracies.
- Analytical Tools – By using analytical tools like graphs and reports, you can review data to determine where spending is the heaviest and make adjustments to your business strategy accordingly. Simply put, the right program will have the tools that can help you take your company into the future in a big way.
These are just a few of the different features that are worth considering when looking into expense software. Other factors may also influence your decision, but the factors above are the ones that deserve the most attention from you when selecting your program.