Today’s expense software is absolutely vital for any business that is dependent upon travelling employees to keep a company moving forwards. The right system will offer you the chance to manage expenses effectively, reduce fraud, improve accuracy, stay compliant, and simplify the process so that your team doesn’t spend too much of their time and energy on expenses.
With so many expense software options out there, finding the best one for your company is important. It’s also not that hard if you pay attention to the features and functions provided by each one. Here are some of the top features you’ll want to look for when choosing your expense program.
- Online – The first and most important feature isn’t even really a feature – it’s a requirement. Today’s programs need to be online and have full connectivity. This helps provide additional features, adds convenience, and boosts productivity in a significant way. Simply put, you have to have an online program if you want to get good results from the system.
- Mobile Access – Be sure that the system is optimized for use with a mobile device. Today’s employees use smart phones and tablets so often that laptops are becoming a rare sight. As such, you’ll want to ensure that your team can use the program through their mobile device.
- Receipt Imaging – Being able to photograph a receipt and upload it through the system is a key part of a good expense software program. It’s a feature that you can’t ignore, and one that offers so many benefits that it should be a must for your business.
- Credit Card Linking – Being able to link a credit card account to your system helps you skip an extra step and streamline a tremendous amount of the process. It helps reduce the chance of errors occurring and boosts your bottom line by increasing productivity in the process.
- Automatic Conversion – A good expense software program will also allow you to automatically convert foreign currencies into your home currency and can even account for tax differences between countries. This improves accuracy and reduces errors while boosting productivity as well.
As you can see, the best expense software features will help improve your accuracy and increase productivity throughout the workplace. In the process you’ll notice improved profit margins and more, and as such it’s vital that you make sure you choose a program with the right features. The ones above are a good starting point when looking for your software.