Good, effective travel expense management is a key part of keeping a company moving forwards into the future. Making sure that you oversee your team’s expenses helps them stay on the road, stay motivated, and get you the best results possible. Of course, it’s important that you take the time to make sure that you and your team are using all of the best possible tools for the job. That’s why mobile access is so important.
Mobile access can do a lot for your company’s travel expense management efforts, and paying careful attention to it is something everyone needs to do. If you’re not convinced, take a look at some of the big ways that mobile access can impact the way you handle your employee travel expenses.
• Mobile access offers additional features that aren’t possible without it. Things like receipt imaging, for example, can change the way your team handles receipts while on the road and make it easier for them to stay accurate without too much trouble. To get the full benefits of travel expense management programs, it’s important to have mobile access.
• It also makes for easier accessibility. Consider just how many of your employees do a portion or a majority of their work over their mobile devices. Laptops aren’t utilized as frequently, and even when they are they involve a setup period. With mobile access, your team can handle their travel expenses quickly without any hassle.
• By allowing employees to access the system through their 4G or 3G connection, you eliminate the need for them to find a Wi-Fi hotspot. While online expense programs are certainly convenient, this adds another layer of convenience to the process.
• The reduction in paperwork and the extra automation means that when you use programs with mobile access, you make it possible to greatly improve accuracy. This helps reduce fraud, honest mistakes, and noncompliance and can have a direct impact on your bottom line.
• Giving your employees the tools to simplify their job means that they’ll be better motivated and be better equipped to succeed. That translates into better productivity and a better outcome from your company’s business trips.
Mobile access is only one aspect of travel expense management programs, but it’s a big one that deserves your attention. If you’re serious about making sure your team is able to get you the best results from their trips, be sure that you consider this feature.